This is an easy recipe to cook either on a gas grill or in a smoker. You need to purchase good quality center cut pork or rib cut chops 1″ or greater in thickness. Avoid blade cut or sirloin cut. You will utilize the reverse sear technique which is to cook the inside first and then sear the exterior.
- Thick Cut Center Cut Pork or Rib Cut Chops
- Obie Cue Double Garlic Pepper
- Smoking Guns Hot
- Cimarron Doc Sweet Rib Rub
- Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head
- Blues Hog Original BBQ Sauce
Cooking temperature 300 degrees.
Approximate cooking time: 45 minutes
(Note-When brining cut back the amount of salted seasonings)
- Apply the seasonings in the order listed above except hold off applying the Pineapple Head and the sauce. When applying the seasonings think in parts therefore apply a 1/2 part of the Double Garlic Pepper. The others one part each.
- Wrap the chops up and place in the fridge for 2 hours (if you brined, go directly to the grill).
- Bring you cooker up to 300 degrees.
- Remove the chops from the wrapper on place on the grill using the methods of reverse searing.
- Bring the internal temperature of the chops to about 130 degrees.
- Apply a medium coat of Pineapple Head to each side of the chop.
- Sear the chops until the internal temperature is 145 degrees (flip often to avoid burning).
- Remove the chops from the hot side of the grill and apply Blues Hog sauce.
- Put the chops on the warm side of the grill and let sit for 7-10 minutes to set the sauce.
- Take off the grill and serve immediately.