Roasted Lemon Chicken
This recipe can be cooked either on a smoker or a gas grill. This is a great whole chicken recipe. Simple yet very flavor full and inexpensive.
- 1-5 lb Roasting Chicken
- 2 Lemons
- 8 oz. Canola Oil
- 4 oz. Dizzy Pig Raging River
- Peach, apple or pecan wood chunks
- Remove the chicken wrapping and pat dry.
- Remove the lemon rind and chop into small squares.
- Mix rinds, and Raging River into a bowl with the canola oil creating a paste.
- Rub the interior and exterior of the chicken with the mixture.
- Preheat your cooker to 275 to 300 degrees.
- Place the chicken on the grill or smoker.
- When the internal temperature of the breast reaches 170 degrees remove the chicken and serve.