- 2 Pounds Large (21 to 25 count per LB) NC Shrimp (brown, pink or white variety depending on time of year
- Lemon Wedges
- Broil King Dual Prong SS Skewers*
Directions for Brine
- Mix enough brine to submerge shrimp and in accordance with label instructions
- Mix and then lightly heat the brine mixture to completely dissolve the brine
- Cool in refrigerator for quicker chill or chill at room if planning ahead
- Once brine is cool submerge prepped shrimp in Brining Bucket*with adjustable plate to keep shrimp submerged
- Brine for 15-20 minutes
Spicy Garlic Paste Ingredients
The garlic paste adheres perfectly to the shells and will coat your fingers as you peel and eat the grilled shrimp… yummm!
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced or grated
- To make a paste, drag a chef knife thru the salt and minced garlic over and over until a paste is created
- 2 teaspoons of Himalayan Salt*
- 1 ½ teaspoons of Malcom’s King Craw
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
Directions for Spicy Garlic Paste
To make the garlic paste you have 2 options.
- If you have a fine grater you can grate the garlic gloves & mix with salt, stirring to create a paste as the salt drys out the garlic and creates a paste
- You can mince garlic, mix with salt and drag blade of a chef’s knife back and forth over the salt and minced garlic putting fair amount of pressure on mixture to make a paste as salt works to break down garlic and knife pressure breaks minced garlic into paste
- After garlic has formed paste add remaining ingredients
- Coat the shrimp well with garlic paste
- Lightly oil skewers and thread seasoned shrimp onto Double Pronged Skewers*
- Preheat grill to 375 to 400.
- Grill for 3 to 5 minutes (larger count 20 to 24 per LB.) flipping to cook evenly.
- Smaller shrimp will cook faster.
- Serve immediately.